1. Ensure the perfect room
With rooms and suites located across three towers, the resort offers a variety of room types. Plan ahead and ensure you choose one that’s just right for you.
- Upgrades on arrival are often unavailable, so make sure you choose your perfect room at the time of booking. For more information on your room options, view our Rooms & Suites.
- For our newest rooms in a location close to Kona Pool, Kohala Spa, dolphins and more, choose a MAKAI room
- For spectacular Pacific views, choose a Deluxe Ocean View room
- Book early for rooms with two beds—availability is limited
- Light sleeper? Choose the Palace Tower where you will not be disturbed by the early-morning singing of local Mynah birds
2. Book your luau
Experience the most popular Luau on Hawaii Island - Legends of Hawaii, our Big Island Story, which brings to life the ancestral song (mele) and dance (hula) that retell the epic stories of Hawaii and her remarkable people.
3. Plan your island adventures
Hawaii Island features an endless amount of adventures, such as helicopter tours, volcano & wildlife excursions, and ocean activities. Plan your trip in advance and don’t miss any excitement! Contact Tours & Activities by Hilton Grand Vacations at 1-866-931-1679, available between 7:30am and 5:00pm Hawaii Time, Monday through Saturday (closed Sunday) or online:
4. Confirm transportation from the airport to the resort
If you’re not renting a car and want to be taken directly to our Main Lobby, we recommend taking a Speedi-Shuttle or Laura's Taxi from Kona International Airport.
5. Have a car? Use self park or valet
Self-parking is available for $25 per day. However, we recommend using our Valet Parking service for $30 per day to avoid the long uphill walk from the parking lot.
6. Get familiar with the resort and island
When you enter Hilton Waikoloa Village, you discover a new world of tropical discoveries unlike any resort on Earth. With several low-rise towers, trams and boats to carry you around and a mile-long museum walkway to explore, you will quickly discover why the last word in our name is Village! The best way to take advantage of your time here and prepare yourself for the adventure that awaits is to become familiar with the location of rooms, restaurants, pools and activities. Then, learn about the attractions available for your enjoyment around this amazing island.
7. Make check-in a breeze
With most flights to Kona International Airport arriving around the same time, many area hotels have congested check-in lines. Breeze past check-in at Hilton Waikoloa Village with these great tips:
- HHonors member? Use ‘E-Check-in’ located on your pre-arrival email and pick up your room keys at the ‘E-Check-in’ area at the HHonors Lobby Reception Desk
- Leave your luggage with our luggage services team who will deliver it to your room while you check in (may take up to 45 minutes so hold onto anything you’ll need sooner)
- Text us any requests during your visit. To get started, send a text message with your full name and arrival date to +1 808 369 9870 (standard messaging/data fees may apply)
- If needed, visit our Asian Guest Services in the lower lobby, personalized for Japanese, Chinese, or Korean speaking guests
- Getting to your room after check-in is easy and relaxing with air-conditioned trams that travel a mile-long track, making stops at each tower. Many guests enjoy taking a seat in the cool, comfortable trams while watching the resort pass by outside the window!
8. Hungry after a late arrival?
If you are on a late flight and would like to find a place to pick up a snack or meal, please make note of the hours of operation of the restaurants and stores located at our resort. View Restaurants and find the latest hours in our Weekly Dining Guide.
9. Understand benefits of our resort charge
With amenities far surpassing a standard hotel such as trams and boats, waterways and spectacular pools, diverse wildlife, landscaping, and much more, all guests pay a daily resort charge of $25 plus tax per room. Learn more about the benefits of the resort charge at Hilton Waikoloa Village, including movies, Internet access, cultural activities and more.
10. Late-night departure flight? Plan ahead!
Late check-out times may be available on request (normal check-out is at 12pm). However, the best way to secure an effortless late departure is to include the night of your check-out on your reservation—leaving you to relax right up until your departure.