A Protected Oasis
Discover a tropical adventure at our very own salt-water lagoon and white-sand beach.
Teeming with tropical fish and rare green sea turtles, the four-acre ocean fed lagoon is a protected oasis
perfect for snorkeling and swimming.
A Paradise Within A Paradise – The Lagoon At Our Big Island Beach Hotel
Located along a rocky stretch of coastline, our impressive Big Island Beach hotel offers a white-sand beach along a unique ocean-fed lagoon.
Witness colorful reef fish and green turtles. Rent hydro-bike, kayaks, paddleboats, or water bikes. Participate in a variety of
Explore sea life while snorkeling. Laze around in a hammock. Enjoy snacks and drinks at
The Lagoon Grill
Delight in the tranquil setting of this peaceful Kohala beach hotel, providing a serene environment to discover a new adventure.
We offer complimentary shuttle service to Anaeho'omalu Bay, a popular salt and pepper sand beach with a coconut grove of swaying palms and shade. "A-Bay" is known for colorful sunsets and a wide variety of water sports, including snorkeling and swimming. Equipment is available for rent. Inland from the beach is an ancient Hawaiian fishpond that was once used to raise mullet for the Ali'i, or the Hawaiian royalty, including King Kamehameha. There are also several miles of small coves and desolate beaches south of the main stretch. The complimentary shuttle ride takes about five minutes, or take the twenty minute walk along the shoreline trail.
"Code of Conduct" for Marine Mammal & Sea Turtle Viewing
- Please quietly observe turtles from a distance allowing them a clear route to deeper water.
- Never entice marine wildlife to approach you.
- Do NOT attempt to touch, ride or FEED turtles.
- Remain at least 100 yards from humpback whales, and at least 50 yards from other marine mammals (dolphins, other whale species, and Hawaiian monk seals.)
- Disturbing wildlife interrupts their ability to perform critical functions such as feeding, breeding, nursing, resting or socializing. Please keep your distance.
- Do NOT swim with wild spinner dolphins.
- Please do NOT chase, surround or closely approach marine mammals.
- Be careful not to surprise marine wildlife. Loud noises and abrupt movements can startle and stress wildlife, which can react unpredictably, harming them or you.
- Dispose of trash properly. Monofilament fishing lines and other plastic items can entangle and kill marine wildlife. Animals can mistake plastic debris for food, which can be deadly.
Read more about our Extensive Array of Big Island Vacation Packages.
A Quiet Haven Nestled Within This Kohala Beach Hotel
Immerse yourself in island culture and tradition at Hilton Waikoloa Village - a truly inspired destination, offering an authentic Hawaiian
experience in an unforgettable oceanfront setting. Book your exceptional Big Island beach hotel reservations online for Our
Best Rates Guaranteed.